- Full time, permanent role based in Sydney CBD
- Excellent role for an Assistant Accountant ready for the next step in their career
- Competitive salary and dedicated development opportunities
Export Finance Australia is the government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees, bonds and insurance options we enable SMEs, corporates and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
We have an exciting, full time permanent opportunity for an Accountant to work in a small team responsible for the integrity of loans related data and maintaining the balance sheet along with BAS, FBT and ABS, Berne Union and OECD reporting/surveys and other ad-hoc tasks. This is a key role sitting within Group Finance that will ensure the flow and accuracy of data in key systems between Portfolio Management and Finance.
On a day to day basis, the role will focus on the preparation of general ledger entries, reviewing accounting entries, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, trade administration, enter data into the Central Budget Management System (CBMS), preparation of statutory requirements, and accounts payable review.
About the role
We’re looking for a strong communicator who is able to partner with various stakeholder groups across the business and both internally and externally. You will have experience ideally gained in a corporate environment and be comfortable working with multiple (and at times ambiguous) data sets and maintaining it’s integrity.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your key tasks will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Preparation of recurring and ad-hoc journals in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger to enable preparation of monthly management accounts
- Ensure the accuracy of funded and off-balance sheet trades in the Treasury system
- Review of general ledger journals raised by the Treasury and payroll systems
- Preparation of BAS and FBT returns
- Preparation of various ABS surveys in accordance with their deadlines
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register and ensure that the data is reliable
- Monitor the recoverable expenses and liaise with other departments on the receipt of these amounts
- Review the accounts payable for data input accuracy, coding, authorisation and valid tax invoices
- Provide accurate information and timely completion of the surveys due to the Berne Union, and the OECD
- Maintain data entry and accuracy of the CBMS
Help with preparation of management accounts and various other ad-hoc finance tasks as required by the business.
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated Accounting professional with 2-3 years’ experience ideally gained from a commercial environment. You will be collaborative and efficient, able to work successfully with a diverse range of stakeholders. You will also be quick and enthusiastic learner ready to take the next step in your Accounting career. Additionally, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency with VLOOKUP and pivot table knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- CA/CPA qualification or studying towards
- Excellent numerical, problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail and data entry accuracy
- High aptitude for learning new systems and technology
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- Experience using a CRM or related software
- Financial product experience is advantageous
How to apply
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you ASAP.
You must be an Australian citizen able to undertake an Australian Government Security clearance to apply. Applications close 4pm Friday, 31 January 2020. Interviews will occur in parallel, so please apply ASAP.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered on this occasion.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.