- Full time, permanent role based in Sydney CBD
- Career opportunity with growth potential
- Competitive salary and benefits including flexible working
Export Finance Australia is the government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees, bonds and insurance options we enable SMEs, corporates and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
We have an exciting, full time permanent opportunity for an Accountant to work in a small team responsible for the integrity of loans related data and maintaining the balance sheet along with other ad-hoc tasks. This is a key role sitting within Group Finance that will ensure the flow and accuracy of data in key systems between Portfolio Management and Finance.
About the role
We’re looking for a strong communicator who is able to partner with various stakeholder groups across the business and both internally and externally. You will have experience gained in a corporate environment and be comfortable working with multiple (and at times ambiguous) data sets and maintaining it’s integrity.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your key tasks will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Loan administration including trade entry, change requests and query management in partnership with the Portfolio Management team
- Contribute to the Portfolio Management integration project to automate and streamline core processes
- Manage day to day accounts receivables including invoicing on a quarterly basis
- Manage month end processes, accruals and prepayments
- Act as backup resource for general accounts payable duties, petty cash, processing invoices, and resolving queries from across the business
- Act as backup resource for Payroll and performing other ad hoc accounting duties
- Maintenance of fixed asset and intangibles register
- Manage bank and credit card reconciliations
- Assist in the GST / FBT returns
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements
- Various other ad-hoc finance tasks as required by the business
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role within a corporate environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel proficiency with VLOOKUP and pivot table knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- CA/CPA qualification or studying towards
- Excellent numerical, problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail and data entry accuracy
- High aptitude for learning new systems and technology
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- Experience using a CRM or related software
- Financial product experience is advantageous
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
If this sounds like you, apply now. We’d love to hear from you!
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply following the link ASAP by 4pm Friday 18th October.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered on this occasion.