Director, Transaction Management, Corporate, Sovereign & Project Finance
- Focus on transaction structuring and credit due diligence for a diverse range of clients
- Work on project and structured finance deals with an international focus
- Join us in an exciting time of growth in supporting Australian businesses
Export Finance Australia is the government’s export credit agency.
We provide expertise and financial solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. We support a wide range of clients to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
About the role
We have a full-time, permanent opportunity for a Director, Transaction Management to play a key role in leading and supporting the structuring and credit due diligence of project and structured finance transactions. As a key member of a deal team, you will also provide analytical support and advice to the Corporate Sovereign & Project Finance origination team.
This role offers the unique opportunity to work across a wide range of sectors, including: oil & gas, mining & resources, infrastructure, defence, shipping and agriculture – with a focus on offshore markets.
This is a senior, highly visible role that will undertake the required transaction due diligence to complete credit submissions to a high standard. You will also work closely with other key internal stakeholders and clients during the documentation and execution phase of transactions.
Key roles and responsibilities
On a day-to-day basis, you will be involved in the following:
Contribute to business growth
Support the efficient execution of transactions and the provision of expert structuring advice for the origination team in a timely and accurate manner.
Engage in thorough transaction analysis, preparation of internal briefing papers and completion of credit approval memorandums for complex transactions.
Prudent Underwriting and Documentation
Manage the process that results in a transaction assessment being conducted to a high standard in compliance with internal policies, procedures and objectives and other external obligations.
Coordinate the transaction due diligence process and manage inputs of all relevant stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner.
Work with the origination team to manage both client relationships and relationships with banks and other alliance partners, developed through the negotiation and execution of transactions.
Collaborate effectively with key internal stakeholders including the origination, credit risk, legal and portfolio management teams and promote customer advocacy.
We are looking for an experienced project and structured finance banking professional with exceptional relationship building and commercial expertise within the financial services industry. You will be outcomes driven and an expert in providing client deal structuring solutions in an efficient and timely manner.
You will also bring a combination of the following skills, qualities and experience to our team:
- Degree qualifications in business, finance, accounting, business administration, and/or relevant technical disciplines.
- 3 or more years at Associate Director level or equivalent, with strong experience in executing project and structured finance transactions and larger sized corporate transactions.
- Strong written communication skills and experience in the preparation of credit proposals and in the execution of transactions including experience in dealing with legal documentation.
- Strong credit analysis skills including thorough knowledge with respect to balance sheet, P & L and cashflow analysis, preferably with financial modelling skills.
- Solid debt financing experience across a wide range of market segments: including project and structured financing, infrastructure as well as institutional and corporate clients. There is also a strong preference for candidates with emerging markets and offshore financing experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to forge and manage relationships with external clients, alliance partners, consultants and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in small, highly inter-dependent team within a broader origination and business development team environment.
If this sounds like you the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you ASAP. Applications close 4pm Friday, 15 November 2019.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.