Director, Transaction Management, SME
- Focus on transaction structuring and credit due diligence for SME clients
- Support diverse Australian businesses across a range of industry groups
- Competitive salary and benefits in a prime Sydney CBD location (working from home temporarily)
Export Finance Australia is the government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees and bond options, we enable SMEs, corporates and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
Export Finance Australia is continuing to hire and will embrace virtual forms of communication entirely due to COVID-19 restrictions. All new and existing employees will work remotely from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
About the role
We have a full-time, permanent opportunity for a Director, Transaction Management SME to play a key role in providing structuring advice, assessing credit appetite, and overseeing the efficient execution of transactions.
In this key business partnering role, you will provide coaching, management, and oversight to the team and execute assigned deals to a high standard. You will gain exposure across a range of Export Finance Australia’s finance options and work on diverse and interesting deal types.
Skills and experience
Reporting to the Head of Transaction Management, SME, your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
Contribute to business growth
- Support and work collaboratively with the Origination and Transaction Management teams to provide deal structuring advice, credit appetite and a solutions-focused approach to the execution of deals.
Manage the process that results in a transaction assessment being conducted to a high standard in compliance with internal policies, procedures and objectives and other external obligations.
Coordinate the transaction due diligence process and manage inputs of all relevant stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner
- Partner effectively with and collaborate closely with key internal stakeholders including Credit, Legal and Portfolio Management teams and promote customer advocacy.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, advice and performance management to the team, to ensure their ongoing development, good turnaround time on deals and a high standard of underwriting.
We are looking for an experienced banker with an in-depth understanding of corporate and SME banking. You will be outcomes-driven and an expert in providing client deal structuring solutions in an efficient and timely manner.
You will also bring a combination of the following skills, qualities, and experience to our team:
- Degree qualifications in business, finance, accounting, business administration, and/or relevant technical disciplines.
- 3 or more years at Associate Director level or equivalent
- Strong written communication skills and experience in the preparation of credit proposals and in the execution of transactions including dealing with legal documentation.
- Strong credit analysis skills including thorough knowledge with respect to balance sheet, P&L and cashflow analysis
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work at a fast pace, be proactive and anticipate issues.
- Open communication style.
- Positive and motivational, with an ability to lead and drive transactions, and provide ongoing support and development of less experienced analysts.
- Strong client relationship management skills, including the ability to work with a broad range of internal stakeholders in a constructive way whilst driving activity and closure of transactions.
If this sounds like you the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you. Applications close 3pm AEDT Friday 7 August 2020. Interviews will occur in parallel, so please apply ASAP.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.