Enterprise Solutions Architect
- Newly created strategic leadership role focused on web application solutions
- Lead a small team of experienced developers
- Competitive salary and benefits in prime Sydney CBD location (working from home temporarily)
Export Finance Australia is the government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees and bond options, we enable SMEs, corporates and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
Export Finance Australia is continuing to hire and will embrace virtual forms of communication entirely due to COVID-19 restrictions. All new and existing employees will work remotely from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of ICT, your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Partner with senior management and the business in resolving all solution challenges as the bridge between the business and technology teams.
- Own and prepare solution architecture designs, assuring they are fit for purpose and closely aligned to the enterprise architecture roadmap and standards
- Host solution walk-through sessions with a broad range of business, technical and external stakeholders
- Perform current state solution analysis to understand, document and determine suitability against requirements
- Analyse the high level functional and non-functional requirements to support solution design
- Recommend and prioritise product functionality to deliver in each stage of the project (using agile methodology)
- Deliver quality solution presentations to multiple senior decision makers
- Lead a small team of Developers ensuring end to end accountability for successful design, build, implementation and support of all solutions
- Demonstrate thought leadership and knowledge sharing across the latest functions and capabilities of emerging technologies and how these may benefit to the business
- Maintain a successful ongoing partnership with the external managed service provider
- Build and maintain successful stakeholder relationships across all parts of the solution(s) including external parties
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role, you will have a minimum 8 years of demonstrable experience in solution architecture design, preferably on web application portals and within large customer oriented corporate entities. Additionally, you will bring the following:
- Experience in designing customer B2B and B2C facing solutions targeted at the cloud, preferably Azure
- Very strong experience in guiding project/technical resources to implement complex systems integration and cloud-related solutions
- Experience and success in leading development teams
- Strong knowledge of Design Thinking, Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to influence across various stakeholder groups
- Advanced Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to successfully partner with various business stakeholders
- Technically creative and open-minded
If this sounds like you the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you. Applications close 2pm AEDT Friday 29 May 2020. Interviews will occur in parallel, so please apply ASAP.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.