Finance Business Analyst
- Excellent opportunity to step into a business analyst role
- Broaden your skillset to include data mining, process optimisation and reporting
- Competitive salary with dedicated development opportunities
- Prime Sydney CBD location (working from home temporarily)
Export Finance Australia is the government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees and bonds we enable SMEs, corporates, and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
Export Finance Australia is continuing to hire and will embrace virtual forms of communication entirely due to COVID-19 restrictions. All new and existing employees will work remotely from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
About the role
We have an exciting, full time permanent opportunity for a Finance Business Analyst to work in a small team responsible for the integrity of loans related data and maintaining the balance sheet. On a day to day basis, the role will focus on the preparation of general ledger entries, reviewing sub ledger account coding, provisioning, and preparing balance sheet reconciliations.
Over time, you will display your ability to work on a range of finance process and system improvements including data mining, process optimisation and leadership reporting. You will gain exposure to senior leadership, management reporting and the opportunity to lead projects that evolve the Finance function.
We’re looking for an energetic, strong communicator who is able to partner with various stakeholder groups across the business and both internally and externally.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your key tasks will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Assist in process improvement initiatives by gaining profound understanding of the accounting principles and business processes and be able to follow through by partnering with the IT Development team and other departments within the business
- Preparation of recurring and ad-hoc journals in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger to enable preparation of monthly management accounts
- Ensure the accuracy of funded and off-balance sheet trades in the Treasury system
- Preparation of BAS and FBT returns
- Preparation of various ABS surveys in accordance with their deadlines
- Review the accounts payable for data input accuracy, coding, authorisation, and valid tax invoices
- Preparation of various surveys including ABS in accordance with their deadlines
- Help with preparation of management accounts and various other ad-hoc finance tasks as required by the business.
You are an energetic and enthusiastic learner with 5 years of financial accounting experience gained from a commercial environment. You will be collaborative and efficient, able to work successfully with a diverse range of stakeholders and be ready to take the next step in your career.
Additionally, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to query and manipulate large sets of data
- Excellent numerical, problem solving and analytical skills
- High aptitude for learning new systems and technology
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical background
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CA/CPA qualification or the intention of studying towards
- Australian Citizen
- Experience using a CRM or related software
- SAP Concur experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- Financial product experience is advantageous
How to apply
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you ASAP.
You must be an Australian citizen able to undertake an Australian Government Security clearance to apply. Applications close 3pm Friday, 13 November 2020. Interviews will occur in parallel, so please apply ASAP. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered on this occasion.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.