Junior Support Engineer (12-month fixed term contract)
- Newly created role focused on web applications
- Work with a small team of experienced Support Engineers
- Competitive salary and benefits in prime Sydney CBD location (working from home temporarily)
Export Finance Australia is the Government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees and bond options, we enable SMEs, corporates and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
Export Finance Australia is continuing to hire and will embrace a combination of both virtual and face to face communication due to COVID-19 restrictions. All new and existing employees are encouraged to work remotely from home primarily until 2021.
About the role
We have an exciting, newly created 12-month fixed term opportunity for a Junior Support Engineer to provide general technical support across several software applications including a CRM for a business of over 100 staff. The role will also be involved in application development assistance across these software platforms.
This is an excellent and rare opportunity for a recent graduate or junior Support Engineer to gain exposure within financial services, to new and current technologies and work under the leadership and mentoring of experienced Support Engineers.
On a day to day basis, you will work collaboratively and under the guidance of a team of four experienced Support Engineers to provide general technical, troubleshooting assistance across several software application platforms. You will also play a role in assisting with software development projects for the general business including taking requirements, designing, developing, and testing.
Your core responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Investigate, diagnose reported potential production issues, and liaise with other members of the team or service vendors to provide solutions to these issues.
- Produce ad hoc data extracts and reports through SQL (MSQL) and/or other reporting tools such as Crystal and Tableau
- Perform various coding and programming tasks with SQL, C#, VB Scripting / macros, ASP.Net, MVC, Responsive design, UI control tools, web services, Security
- Protocols/Technology, UI Scripting and other technologies
- Create detailed test cases and support the testing team in execution of test cases
- Automate BAU support jobs whenever is possible
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role, you will be passionate and have a desire to learn and nurture your technical skills. You will be a team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude and be ready to take on any challenge that will grow your career.
Accordingly, you will bring the following:
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar development role is strongly desired. We are also open to a recent graduate (TAFE or undergraduate) with strong academic learnings and a keen interest in development work
- Previous experience (both practical and academic) as a full stack Support Engineer using C#, MVC .Net and Web API or similar
- Solid understanding of databases (MS SQL server) and SQL scripting
- Basic understanding of Azure infrastructure
- Basic understanding of various network protocols (e.g. https, sftp etc.)
- System support experience
- Any experience with third party REST APIs integrations
- Powershell Script with Azure
If this sounds like you the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you.
Applications close 3pm AEST Friday 27 November 2020. Interviews will occur in parallel, so please apply ASAP.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.