Manager, Portfolio Management
- Key account management role across a diverse client portfolio
- Join us in supporting the growth of Australian businesses
- Develop your career with strong learning and development pathways
Export Finance Australia is the government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees, bonds and insurance options we enable SMEs, corporates and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
About the role
We have a rare, permanent full-time opportunity for a Manager, PM to provide account management for a high-risk portfolio of loans, guarantees, bonds and insurance facilities which finance/guarantee cross-border transactions to predominantly Small to Medium sized Entities (SME) companies.
This is a key Account Management role with full accountability for all aspects of the client portfolio including loan and facility administration, facility client relationship and risk management, together with strategy planning and implementation once the facility has been executed (post sales).
Key roles and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Management and alongside your 10-member team, your key responsibilities will involve (but not be limited to) the following:
- Proactively manage the performance of an allocated account portfolio by reviewing and assessing the ongoing credit, project completion, documentation, operational and security risks. This involves preparing credit papers for senior management.
- Engage with the SME Business Development, Credit, and Legal Teams during the documentation and execution phase of a transaction to ensure a smooth transition and transfer of responsibility to Portfolio Management.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the allocated portfolio including drawdowns, repayments, and transaction details and exposures in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage relationships with exporters, borrowers and guarantors in relation to existing facilities
- Identify facilities with a deteriorating risk profile and work with the Director to ensure the facility undergoes an appropriate level of intensive management. Assist in the management of non-performing facilities, proactively reporting on risk issues, and assist with the implementation of loss-minimisation strategies
- Ensure compliance of client covenant and reporting obligations
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of department processes and procedures, and provide support and guidance to other Portfolio Management team members as required
You will have around 5 years work experience within the banking and finance industry in the areas of credit, SME lending, project finance, international finance or credit operations.
You will also bring a combination of the following skills, qualities and experiences to our team:
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Economics, Banking/Finance or Business
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to present to clients and stakeholders including demonstrated negotiation skills in a commercial environment
- A customer centric focus with experience in developing and maintaining high quality relationships with borrowers and exporters
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with the ability to use computer spreadsheets and other PC packages
- Broad knowledge of export financing techniques and an understanding of guarantees and bonding facilities particularly to the SME sector
- Strong credit risk management skills are essential
- Some understanding of guarantees and bonding facilities and a knowledge of export procedures and an understanding of Export Finance Australia’s products and services
- Sound understanding of and broad experience with facility administration procedures, debt securities, credit documentation
- The ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate effectively with people across the organisation
If this sounds like you the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you ASAP. Applications close 4pm Friday 16 August 2019.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.