Marketing and Communications Manager
- Full time, permanent role based in Sydney CBD
- Focus on content marketing, corporate and employee communications
- Grow your Marketing + Comms experience in this highly visible role
- Competitive salary and dedicated development opportunities
Export Finance Australia is the government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees, bonds and insurance options we enable SMEs, corporates and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing & Communications Manager to manage and deliver content marketing, corporate and employee communications for both external and internal audiences. This is a highly visible role that will play a key part in creating brand awareness and engagement, which ultimately contributes to lead generation and deal delivery.
This role will focus primarily on the development and ongoing management of a corporate communications and content marketing strategy that complements the broader marketing strategy for the business. The role will also support a new, centralised employee communications strategy.
About the role
On a day to day basis, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing activities that contribute to the achievement of performance targets for sales teams within budget
- Work with the marketing team to identify compelling content themes and tactics that support marketing and engagement activities.
- Work with marketing and business development teams to maintain segment profiles that contribute to the setting of the content marketing strategy
- Work with the marketing team to develop content to support customers through each stage of the purchase and engagement journey.
- Proofs all marketing content before it is distributed, ensuring that all content is accurate
- Develop and maintains a corporate writing style guide and ensures that stakeholders throughout the business are engaged to ensure that all written comms are consistent and effective.
- Responsible for Export Finance Australia’s brand tone of voice – ensuring that all communications adhere to style guidelines, are consistent and appropriate for the channel and target audience.
- Manage and maintain brand assets including sourcing and managing photography, image library, and maintaining the brand guidelines.
- Source content to engage and educate customers using Export Finance Australia’s websites and other on and offline channels.
- Using analytics, research and customer feedback to report on content performance and ROI through monthly and campaign reporting.
- Works with the marketing team to ensure that all website content is updated, user-friendly and optimised for SEO and SEM.
- Brief and manage the relationship with external designers and other resources to design and deliver specific content such as eBooks, infographics etc.
- Ensure that governance, review and approval processes are in place for all content including website content, case studies, social media content etc.
- Provide guidance and advice on best practice communications, content marketing and employee communication strategies and tactics.
- Lead the development and delivery of high-profile corporate communications including delivery of Export Finance Australia’s Annual Report, Corporate Plan, and development and maintenance of all corporate collateral.
- Develop and deliver a content and communications strategy and plan that meet the needs of various business segments and industry verticals to align with the marketing plan and business objectives.
- Develop and write content and communications for a wide range of channels including articles, case studies, email marketing campaigns, collateral etc., meeting the various needs of key stakeholders
- Work with the external relations team to develop a public relations program to identify topics and case studies that can be used to profile and promote Export Finance Australia through external media channels.
- Develop and deliver employee communications for the organisation, including partnering with other business units to provide a program that supports employee engagement and drives business results.
To be successful in the role, you will have at least 8 years of B2B marketing and communications experience gained within a corporate or professional background. You will have exceptional drive and passion and have a good understanding of financial services environments to lead the organisation in translating concepts into effective communication.
Additionally, you will bring the following:
- Degree qualification in communications or a related business field.
- Excellent written communication skills across a broad range of materials and channels.
- Experience in leading and managing social media platforms.
- Vendor management including media agencies, content agencies, writers etc.
- High attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation systems – Marketo preferred.
- Sound financial skills
- Very strong collaboration and team work skills
- Strong ability to develop creative solutions and work in a fast-changing environment with time and resource constraints
- Advanced interpersonal communication and liaison skills, and ability to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, building trust and engagement.
- Resilient, with the ability to move forward and manage in fast-changing, agile environments.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands, prioritize work, and meet demanding deadlines, with minimal supervision, whilst not losing sight of overall strategic objectives.
How to apply
If this sounds like you the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you ASAP. Applications close 4pm Friday 28 February 2020. Interviews will occur in parallel, so please apply ASAP.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.