Portfolio Administration Officer – Initial 12-month contract
- Immediate start for an initial 12-month opportunity
- Provide administration support across a diverse range of deals and product types
- Competitive salary and benefits in prime Sydney CBD location (working from home temporarily)
Export Finance Australia is the government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees and bond options, we enable SMEs, large corporates and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
Export Finance Australia is continuing to hire and will embrace virtual forms of communication entirely due to COVID-19 restrictions. All new and existing employees will work remotely from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
About the role
We have an exciting 12-month fixed term opportunity for an experienced Portfolio Administration Officer to provide dedicated administrative support for our portfolio of finance loans, bonds and guarantee facilities.
This is a key administration support role that will provide you with exposure across a range of finance options and diverse and interesting deal types. We will provide training and mentoring for the ideal candidate. The role also has the potential to take on leadership responsibilities in future.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Management, and working under the direction of senior members of the team, your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Establish and help maintain files and associated records for new transactions in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist in preparing Transaction Risk Assessment (TRA) and reports, including ‘Know Your Client’ (KYC) checks and Dow Jones searches
- Prepare reporting covenant notices, diarise action and monitor the satisfaction of covenants by exporters, borrowers, buyers and guarantors including updating exception and failure reports
- Liaise with account managers to ensure that upcoming drawdowns, repayments and payment arrears are actioned in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist other team members, when necessary, to ensure the prompt entry of data to Infor and other systems.
- If necessary, assist in preparing and maintaining spreadsheets and simple memos.
- Assist in the updating of team procedures.
- Undertake other ad-hoc tasks as directed from time to time to including archiving of security documents and files.
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role, you must have a minimum of 3-4 years of banking/finance industry experience, preferably in a corporate /institutional bank loan administration role. Additionally, you will bring the following:
- Strong knowledge of loan administration, debt securities, credit documentation, with some experience in or awareness of project finance, corporate finance, financial analysis and/or risk management practices
- High level of attention to details
- Good communication skills for both written and oral expression
- Strong ability to work in a team environment with potential to develop into future leadership roles
- Sound analytical and numeric skills
- Sound ability to use computer spreadsheets and other software packages
- Some knowledge of export procedures and an understanding of Export Finance Australia’s products and services is desirable
If this sounds like you the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you. Applications close 3pm AEST Friday 9 October 2020. Interviews will occur in parallel, so please apply ASAP.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.