Senior Software Developer
- Newly created senior developer role focused on web application solutions
- Work with a small team of experienced developers
- Competitive salary and benefits in prime Sydney CBD location (working from home temporarily)
Export Finance Australia is the government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees and bond options, we enable SMEs, corporates and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
Export Finance Australia is continuing to hire and will embrace virtual forms of communication entirely due to COVID-19 restrictions. All new and existing employees will work remotely from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
About the role
We have an exciting, newly created opportunity for a Senior Software Developer to work closely with the IT Development team and partner with relevant stakeholder groups for building and maintaining applications using C#, MVC .Net Core and Web API applications for the business’ platforms. This includes anything from back-end services to their front-end counterparts.
This is a key business partnering role involving design and development of application and working alongside the broader ICT team to develop various layers of the infrastructure. You will work under the leadership of the Enterprise Solutions Architect within an agile software development environment.
On a day to day basis, your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Partner with the business and under the leadership of the Enterprise Solutions Architect, develop new customer facing solutions and help to maintain existing platforms
- Perform various coding and programming tasks, such as design or development of Web front-end, SQL backend, API services and integration design and execution.
- Create detailed test cases and support testing team in execution of test cases.
- Documentation of programming and systems changes.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance on software application related issues.
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role, you will have a minimum 7 years working as a full stack developer using ASP.Net Core MVC, C# in an agile environment. Additionally, you will bring the following:
Intermediate/Advanced experience in development using ASP.Net Core and C#.
- Basic/Intermediate Experience with third party API integrations
- Basic Knowledge of .Net Test Frameworks
- Intermediate Experience with Dependency Injection
- Basic Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Advanced understanding of SQL Server queries and Entity Framework
- Basic Knowledge of source control (Git)
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD process
- SQL Server Integration Services
If this sounds like you the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you. Applications close 4pm AEDT Friday 29 May 2020. Interviews will occur in parallel, so please apply ASAP.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.