Senior Software Engineer (12-month fixed term contract)
- Newly created role to support a new development project
- Work with a small team of experienced developers
- Competitive salary and benefits in prime Sydney CBD location (working from home temporarily)
Export Finance Australia is the Government’s export credit agency.
We provide financial expertise and solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. Through our loans, guarantees and bond options, we enable SMEs, corporates and governments to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
Export Finance Australia is continuing to hire and will embrace a combination of both virtual and face to face communication due to COVID-19 restrictions. All new and existing employees are encouraged to work remotely from home primarily until 2021.
About the role
We have an exciting, newly created 12-month fixed term opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to play a critical role in a new development project for a major business team.
The project will build a modern web/mobile application that integrates with a CRM and portfolio management system via an API oriented architecture based on an Azure tech stack.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to lead and engage the business end to end from high-level scoping to the detailed implementation (including new architecture). You will also gain exposure to government financial services and will be working in an agile, engineer friendly team environment.
You will engage in the design, implementation and testing of new software initiatives within Export Finance Australia and related agencies we provide support to via a Service level agreement.
Your core responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Engage with business teams to help the business team with IT/Software solutions
- Support the BAU team to Investigate, diagnose reported potential production issues, and liaise with other members of the team or service vendors to provide solutions to these issues.
- Write clean, testable code using Microsoft tech stack (C#, MS SQL Server, Azure)
- Develop technical specifications and solution documents
- Test and debug applications
- Review and refactor existing code base
- Create and managing CICD pipelines
- Participating in Agile development process
- Create detailed test cases and support the testing team in execution of test cases
- Automate software development/test/deploy process whenever possible
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role, you will be passionate and have a desire to learn and nurture your technical skills. You will be a team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude and be ready to take on any challenge that will grow your career.
As a senior in the team, you will also be required to mentor and assist junior engineering staff and colleagues within the broader team.
Accordingly, you will bring the following:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar development role is strongly desired.
- Experience with MVC, WebApi, C#, Typescript, Angular
- Experience with API design and development
- Solid understanding of SQL and MSSQL server/service
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform – especially AS, Storage, API Management etc.
- Understanding of various network protocols (e.g. https, sftp etc.)
- DevOps experience
- Powershell Script with Azure
- Support experience
If this sounds like you the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you.
Applications close 3pm AEST Friday 27 November 2020. Interviews will occur in parallel, so please apply ASAP.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.