The Export Council of Australia (ECA), with partners, ANZ, and content providers, Hunt & Hunt Lawyers, have launched an FTA Tool, a website for Australian exporters that simplifies the use of the 10 Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) signed between Australia and other nations.
The new FTA Tool is designed to help Australian exporters navigate the basics of Australia’s FTAs quickly and easily. It also provides valuable information on:
- doing international business
- links to a range of resources
- video tutorials on a variety of topics, including the Harmonised Code system and applying for certificates of origin.
The ECA believes that making FTAs accessible to all business, irrespective of size, is a step in the right direction.
While not intended to be a definitive guide, the FTA Tool website provides easy to understand information on the tariffs and non-tariff benefits that apply to a range of goods and services across most industry sectors, focusing on Australia’s primary exports to particular markets.
The FTA Tool will allow exporters to:
- search by FTA for information
- search by country for information
- search by industry for specific information
- find information that is relevant to services exports
- get information on the indirect benefits that FTA’s provide
- get top tips on doing business in each country.
The FTA Tool site goes some way towards simplifying FTAs for SMEs and will complement the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s proposed online FTA Dashboard, to be rolled out later this year.
Now live at www.ftatool.com.au, the FTA Tool website promises to be a valuable resource for Australia’s exporters.
For information on the FTA Tool, contact:
Export Council of Australia