At an event in June sponsored by Food Innovation Australia Ltd, Export Finance Australia Economist Fred Gibson provided an update on the outlook for food exports to South East Asia.
The topics covered were:
- Global growth – picking up steam in 2017
- Global trade growth – shaking off a horrid 2016
- ASEAN - a growing market
- Demand for processed foods already on the rise
- ASEAN's growing consuming class will demand quality produce
- Technology will allow for improved market access
- FTAs are a positive
- Risks to the ASEAN growth outlook - there are many
- Exchange rate - AUS trended higher in 2016
Click here to view the presentation.
Please note from 1 July 2019 Efic is trading under our new name of Export Finance Australia. Research and reports published prior to this date will be branded Efic.