This research provides insights on current trends and issues in export markets. We commenced this research programme in February 2014, with the first report issued in March.
In our second SME Exporter Sentiment research conducted in May 2014 we found that:
- exporter sentiment was increasingly positive, with the proportion of SMEs expecting their overseas sales to grow in the next 12 months increasing by around 10% since February 2014
- there has been a 6% increases since February in the number of SMEs that expect the profitability of their international operations to increase in the next year
- export revenue is making up a larger proportion (now 14%) of overall turnover
- the most important overseas markets continue to be China, Oceania/New Zealand and India
- access to finance is expected to become more difficult in the next 12 months.
Read the full report published in June 2014 here.
Please note from 1 July 2019 Efic is trading under our new name of Export Finance Australia. Research and reports published prior to this date will be branded Efic.