We respect the privacy of the personal information that is provided to us and this policy explains how we handle it.
Why we collect your personal information
When you apply for a position, or commence employment with us, we ask you to supply information to us to assess your application for employment and to maintain an employment relationship. By submitting your application, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described below.
How we collect your personal information
We collect information (including any sensitive information) directly from you when you submit your application and at other stages during the selection process, including at any competency assessment or test, or interview; and from third parties including your nominated referees. We may also collect information from third parties as required by or allowed by law.
How we use your personal information
We use your information for employment related purposes including during the selection process to determine your suitability for an advertised vacancy. Your information, including contact details, may be held on our database for ease of use in the future.
We may disclose your information for employment related purposes including to the members of the selection panel responsible for assessing your application; the delegate (our representative who has overall authority to approve selection decisions); human resources staff; any other person with a lawful entitlement to view your application; and staff of an external provider if they have been contracted to assist with the recruitment process.
We may use or disclose your information only as required or allowed by law.
How to access or correct your personal information
We will, on request from you (via the contact details set out below):
- provide you with access to personal information we hold about you subject to exceptions permitted by law. If we cannot, then we will let you know in writing.
- correct your personal information if you believe information we hold is out-of-date, inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Where we cannot correct your personal information we will let you know in writing and on request, take reasonable steps to record a statement on our files that you have a contrary view.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us regarding our handling of your personal information or any of the matters covered in this policy, you can contact our Privacy Officer:
- by post: Level 10, 22 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- by phone: +61 2 8273 5333
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org