Export Finance Australia financially supports Australian exports of goods and services and overseas infrastructure development in our region. We need to make sure there is benefit flowing to Australia in connection with our financial support. An important source of Australian benefit is the economic activity stimulated in Australia by the presence of Australian content associated with a project or transaction. Australian content constitutes all inputs to a project or transaction that do not originate overseas. We also take into account other benefits to Australia. These other benefits can include (but are not limited to):
- greater Australian participation in international supply chains
- access to new markets or export opportunities for Australian businesses
- more Australian jobs
- payment of dividends or other financial proceeds from overseas to Australia
- new research and development expenditure in Australia
- Australian access to new products, intellectual property or technology
You can contact us for more information.